Wednesday, January 21, 2009

the choice

Well, it seems that my skills as a writer are in doubt, not only to myself but to the fact that I’ve gotten arrogant over this fact and I no longer think that anything is good enough. So I’m going to write something, something I hope to get published. I’m not sure what it is yet, but when I do you can bet I won’t stop writing until I think that it is ready. So here are some topics that I think I can let develop in my head.
1. The concept of government, why is it that people feel the need to need it. It seems that according to some political theorists, we innately decided to form these groups that soon turn into governments. I have a want, to understand this. For some reason, the government doesn’t make sense to me, the one we currently have at least, which I frankly think is flawed from its core, but that can be put up for discussion.
2. The ideas of games as art. I know this debate has been brought up hundreds of times, but what is art? Is it something tangible or is it something that is up for debate. Does the ability to evoke emotion bestow something with the label art? This argument has tickled my interest since, well everyone else was arguing about it and I wanted to argue also.
3. The reason the way we are. This is probably going to be the toughest one to “discuss” not because it’s extraordinarily broad and absurd but because I’m going to go existential. I want to read into the idea of creation. If God created us (if there is a God, I personally am a Believer), then what gave us the right… no ability to act awry from his will. Well at least I’ll try to speak with some in sight as to what it actually is.

No comments: